I've been having on-and-off knee pain for the last couple of years and have gone to the doctor a couple of times for it. Usually, the pain would be bad enough for me to call the doctor but when I actually got in to see the doctor, all was well again. I had a few sets of x-rays and everything was normal with all the sets. Blake encouraged me to go again because I haven't been able to run on the knee for over a year and if you look in picture below, you will see why he encouraged me to go! (ew!)
So, I went back to the doctor and had a MRI done; however, before I got the MRI my doctor mentioned that it might be a tumor. Highly doubtful but there was a low chance. I am one of the biggest hypochondriacs EVER. As soon as I start feeling the slightest twinge of something, I google the symptoms and inevitably it comes up that I have cancer. I was a little nervous to get the results but wasn't panicking. The results came back, I have a bunch of cysts on my right knee- one is about 3.5mm big.
I was sent to a knee specialists who recommended surgery, the cyst that is 3+mm big is too big to be drained at this point; he also thinks it has gotten bigger since my MRI a couple of weeks ago. He told me that I essentially have a water balloon in front of my knee cap and that is most likely causing the pain; he was surprised that I don't have more pain. He asked me if I had a high tolerance of pain, which I do not. So, I have arthroscopic knee surgery scheduled for August 3rd to remove the cysts. It should take about an hour and I don't need physical therapy afterwards, wohoo!
I emailed this picture to my sister last night who told me that I have weird, ugly knees, referring to my left/normal knee. So, at the risk of you thinking I have weird, ugly knees, here's why I'm having surgery.
As much as I would rather not have surgery, I'm excited to be painfree and have a "normal" looking knee again!
Aww, Jenni...praying for ya! My dad just had double knee replacement surgery...and I too...inherited some bad knees. Praying for fast recovery and fast relief!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your getting the water balloon removed! You have great knees, one is just looking a little pregnant now! In case you forgo, I'm just down the street for when you need some company during recovery! I can deliver food and provide a great distraction! :-)
ReplyDeleteLinds