I had a very busy last 4 days! Blake left on Thursday to head off to Chicago for a bachelor party for his friend Pat.
On Thursday night, I went out with a couple of friends to try Matchbox, a new restaurant in our area. I had a pomegranate martini, salad and we split mini burgers. We left about 3 hours later!
On Friday, I taught summer school and then headed out to dinner with a couple of teacher friends who wanted to talk about the National Board Process, they are going through it next year and wanted to talk through some advice. We went to a Greek restaurant and I decided I really like lamb!
On Saturday, I went to Lakeshore with one of my teacher friends, Sharon. If you’re a teacher, then I’m sure you know about Lakeshore. If you’re not a teacher, then Lakeshore=teacher heaven. It’s a pretty amazing teacher store, I only wish they had one closer to me. The closest store is a little over 30 minutes away. Of course, my bank account is very relieved that I only go once or twice a year! Saturday afternoon and evening, I cleaned and relaxed- enjoyed watching a Lifetime movie or two without Blake inserting any of his comments, ha!
On Sunday, I went to Eastern Market with my parents. Somehow, neither my parents or I had ever been there before! It was great! We’re all interested in going back. It’s a big indoor and outdoor market where you can buy fresh produce, seafood, meat, and lots of arts and crafts vendors. I only bought fresh fruit and veggies but I was very tempted to buy some great photographs. I’m hoping Blake and I can go back and look for some art for the wall!
These remind me of some of the flower markets in Europe!
Don’t these look delicious?
I bought some of the tomatoes in this picture and they were amazing. I’m not a tomato fan so trust me on that!
Then, I picked up Blake from the airport yesterday afternoon and we watched the World Cup Final together. What an exciting game, we both thought that Japan might be destined to win, the US had so many chances early in the game that didn’t pan out. Although we were disappointed in the outcome, it was a good game!
Hope you had a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)