I'm Jenni with an i. I am not Jenny. Or Jen. Or Jenn. Truth be told, I don't dislike the name Jen but it really started to bother me when people who I didn't know very well just assumed they could call me Jen. Blake calls me Rita (long story). I just got married in July to Blake after dating for six years. We were long distance for the first two and half... long distance romances can work out!
This is my 8th year of teaching. I taught first grade for 6 years and switched to Kindergarten last year. I love aspects of both grades and love working with the primary kiddos. I've been at the same school since I started and I absolutely love it. We have a great staff and that can make all the difference!
Question and Answer Time...
A: At some point, when we have kids, I would love to be a stay at home mom. If that didn't work out, I would love to be a florist or a photographer. I love flowers but I'm not very good at arranging them. So, that might not be a good back-up career choice. :) But, I love photography and would love to be a professional one! I'm still working on my photography skills!
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Reading and photography. I love reading and haven't met a book store I didn't like!
Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: A teacher! I knew in 2nd grade that I wanted to be a first grade teacher!
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?
A: Coke (not diet, regular), Real Housewives (OC, Beverly Hills & NYC), The Bachelor (Blake and I got hooked this season), and swedish fish.
Q: What is your biggest fear?!
A: Fires. I've also been worried about fires.
Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?
A: I love traveling... so I'm going to say anywhere! We're headed to Germany, Switzerland and Austria for Spring Break and I can't wait!
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
A: Be confident in who you are.
Q: What do you value most in others?
A: Trust and honesty, both very important to me!
Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?
A: My joy of learning. I know that sounds cheesy but I really like to learn. I tell my students when I'm taking a class for teaching or a photography class... just so they know that you can always learn more!
Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?
A: This is hard. I think my grandmother who died when I was in 7th grade. She died of a heart attack in her sleep and I would love to get a chance to talk with her again!
Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
I hate talking on the phone to people I don't know- anywhere from ordering food, to talking to car repair people, etc... If I can get out of it, I will! Also, one more, I hate mushrooms and bananas. The texture of both of those freak me out!
Oh, thanks on the congratulations. It's not a new job...it's just nice to know I'll be at the same school again for my fourth year. :) This is a fun little get to know you game that you joined in on.
ReplyDeleteI feel the SAME way about talking to randoms on the phone!!!! HA!!! Your spring break basically sounds amazing...just sayin'. So fun reading about you!! Glad you played along! Nice to "meet" you!!
ReplyDeleteCara :)
thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com
I have done long distance for almost four years....It CAN work!! But I am more than ready to be in the same state, let alone the same city again in May!! Nice to "meet" you!
ReplyDeleteClaire :0)
missknightskhronicles.blogspot.com
Well Jenni with an i I totally get that. If someone calls me Jenni I never answer, it is like calling my Henry- I don't know they are even talking to me! A goof friend of mine name is Jenni- when I looked at her paperwork when she gave birth, it said Jennifer- I was like who's name is that? lol
ReplyDeleteJennifer
Rita huh? I might poke him about that one. So I guess you wouldn't be up for having a bonfire and making smores :-) Nice to get to know you online and glad I get to work with you everyday!!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.whytewater.blogspot.com/
Hey Jenni!
ReplyDeleteI'm SUPER jealous of your spring break plans!!!!! ah! We are in a transition period with my husband's job... hopefully he will have a new job soon. However, that kinda kills spring break plans. :(
Me and him dated for long distance for three years before getting married. I always think it is neat to meet other people that didn't live in the same city for long periods of time! :)
Great blog!
http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/