Friday, February 4, 2011

Bathroom Wallpaper, no more!

For the past two years, I've been wanting to take down the wallpaper in our half bathroom but haven't done it... I think I've been a little intimidated because I've never taken down wallpaper. 

But, yesterday, after school, I got a crazy energy streak and decided to try to tackle it.  Lord only knows what I was thinking since it has pretty much been the longest week ever.  Since Blake was working late and I figured I would have the weekend to continue working on whatever I didn't get to...

I was wrong!  It came down really easily!  I'm not completely done because Blake didn't get home until after I was in bed and I need him to take down the towel rack, mirror, etc. 

My plan had been to freshen up with a new coat of paint.  Of course, I now want a new vanity, light fixture, toilet, floor, etc.  That's the problem with fixing things up, once you start with one thing, you want to keep going.  However, since we're in the middle of finishing our basement, the fixture update may have to wait. 

Here are the pictures of my progress last night.  I must say, I'm quite proud of myself. 


This is a semi-before shot.  I forgot to take a picture before and remembered after I had done the wall on the right, oops!

Just to give you an idea of how tiny our bathroom is- it's small, very small. 

After!

See, don't those fixtures just have to go?!



But, if I could update them, I would get these:


Nothing too fancy but an update.  Too bad money doesn't grow on trees, ha!


I'm looking forward to painting the walls. I actually really like painting. I am not looking forward to spackling and sanding these walls.   I do not enjoy the preparation that needs to go into it.  That's for the birds!

2 comments:

  1. good job!! I am desperately wanting to update and decorate various parts of our home however we don't plan on staying there more than another 18 months SO that would be money wasted. Can't wait to move so I can decoarte! I can't wait to see the after photos =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your name caught my eye over at Tales of the Trees, particularly cause it's MY name too, and spelled the same way!!! ;)

    I enjoyed the time I spent here! And from the looks of your profile, we have a LOT in common!! So, nice to meetcha! :) Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)