Friday, January 28, 2011

Snow Update

Well, it's been an adventure around here over the last few days.  On Wednesday, we were off school because we had a little storm that morning and a second storm was scheduled to hit that afternoon. 

And, hit it did! 

Here are a few pictures from that day/night...

Sleet around 3:30 on Wednesday...

4:00... 

5:30... 

6:45... 

7:30... 

9:00! 

Yep, a branch from our neighbor's tree fell and could have done a lot of damage but luckily, there was about 8 inches on top of the car so it helped cushion the branch!

The bad news... we lost power around 8:30 on Wednesday night.  And.... we still don't have it!  We woke up this morning to a wonderful 48 degrees.  Brrr!   Blake's at work and I'm using my lovely friend  Kate's house for warmth and power.  I'm charging up my phone and laptop. 

The electric company have said it should be restored by 11:00 tonight.  We'll see... I'm not holding my breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)