Monday, January 24, 2011

Finally feeling better!

I've been a little MIA recently because I've been hit with a wicked cold!



It started last weekend with a little sore throat and then by Wednesday, I had the headache, body aches and congestion.  The worst of it was Saturday afternoon and Sunday.  UGH.  I can honestly say I haven't been so sick in a long time.  But, thankfully, I'm feeling MUCH better.  I got some uninterrupted sleep last night, did two loads of laundry today and even made dinner.  I went to the doctor today to make sure it wasn't anything more serious and it wasn't- just a really bad head cold.  If the worse of it had been during the week, I would have taken at least 2 days off.  And, those of you who are teachers, know it's much easier to just go in than write lesson plans!

For those of you who get it, I recommend- plenty of water, warm tea, gatorade, Advil Cold & Sinus, Mucinex (I had to switch to this on Saturday), Kleenex and a warm bed with some books and the tv.  Thankfully, Blake made or bought me soup each day since last Thursday night- that's about all I wanted to eat! 


Here's to hoping that I'm now immune from this virus and my little kiddos are extra healthy.  We will be cleaning tomorrow morning and making sure we wash our hands extra well!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)