Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Deli Counter Frustration!

I found this blog recently and decided to link up to her first edition of Tell it to Me Tuesdays!


CMae created Tell it to me Tuesdays as a place to share what's bother you, annoying you, frustrating you, etc.  


Setting the scene... crowded grocery store with a bunch of crazies because 4-8 inches of snow may be on the way (insert a picture of me smiling widely!)

So, I'm in a crowded grocery store and I'm there because I didn't go over the weekend since I was sick and we're starting to run out of the basics.  I'm not there to simply stock up since a snowstorm is on the way.  I'm waiting in the deli line to buy my one pound of turkey and there is a woman in front of me who is ridiculous.  She orders 3 different kinds of meat and wants to try the last one since she's never had it before.  Totally fine. 


But then, when they give her a sample she doesn't like it.  So, she spends about a minute trying to decide which meat to get instead.  They give her a sample and she says, "it's fine, not great but fine.  I'll take a pound.  But I don't want the rest of this package.  Please open me a new package because I can tell this is getting toward the end and the slices aren't wide enough." 

I mean, REALLY?  There are now 3 people behind me and this woman is demanding a new package of meat be opened for her? Grant it, there should have been more people behind the counter working and someone did come out and help me and I got my meat before she was done but give me a break! 

When there is a long line of people behind you, I really think you should be considerate and think about the people who are waiting behind you.  I'm fine that she didn't like the meat and wanted another sample but to ask for a fresh package to be opened for her seems a little over the top!

That's my vent for the day.  What irks you?


2 comments:

  1. This is hysterical!!!!! my boyfriend and I JUST had this problem on Sat when we went to Frys (our grocery store) and we did the same thing........waited and waited and waited while SIX "Busy" deli workers were "working" and only 2 were helping slice meat for customers. I told my guy was it really that impt to get it from the deli rather than pre sliced by Foster Farms? ha. after TEN MIN rolled by he caved and said I could go get the meat I wanted in the first place! bahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- what a looney!!! I'm very aware of the people around me and whether there are many or not. sheesh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)