For those of you who are new followers (thank you!), we have a great puppy, Sophie. She will be 2 in April and is a goldendoodle. She has been a GREAT puppy! She's never chewed anything that she wasn't supposed to and hasn't destroyed anything. Her major flaw- she jumps when people walk in the door, we're working on this.
She is definitely our fur baby.
I definitely don't want another dog as big as Sophie (she's 52 pounds). We do love the fact that she doesn't shed. We never realized how much we would like this trait! I've been doing some research on a cockapoo. I love that they don't shed and are usually 15-20 pounds.
(cockapoo images, thank you google images)
But, I'm not sure about a second dog. Sophie was such a good puppy that I'm worried that our next one will be a terror! Sophie gets along really well with other dogs and hasn't ever had a problem with other dogs and hopefully, she would get along with a future "brother" or "sister."
If you have two dogs, what are the pros and cons? If you only have one dog, have you ever considered a second dog? And, what made you decide not to get a second one?



We have two and I'm so glad we took the dive and got another one. We had a boy, and got a girl when he was a year old. They're big dogs (American Bulldogs), George is 100# and Ava's 75ish#. They love each other soooo much and just cuddle and keep each other company. They play so well too. I was very hesitant when my husband wanted a second, but we found Ava and just went on a whim to pick her up and it's been great. I didn't think I'd ever love another dog as much as I did George, but Ava proved me wrong and tugs at my heartstrings constantly. :) Obviously I'm pro-two-dogs, haha! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about a second dog...puppies just take a lot of time and I'm not sure I'm ready to dive into that quite yet! Ha! On the other hand, a lot of my friends who have gotten a second dog tell me that two is almost easier than one because they entertain each other and you feed, walk, ect. them together! We will get another one probably later this year...just not quite yet!
ReplyDeleteI have a Shih Tzu and she doesn't shed either! I love that trait about them. That's my problem with a second dog also, all the big dogs I want...shed!
Good luck! :)
We decided that we are a one dog family because we want kids. We didn't want the expense of having another dog and ours is high maintenance so that was something to consider as well. I would love a small dog though, maybe for our next one?
ReplyDeletehttp://imjustajerseygirl.blogspot.com/2011/01/versatil-blogger-award.html
ReplyDeleteI tagged you for an award :)
I wish I could help on this but I don't even have a pet at all right now. But puppies are great, so the more the better :)
My take...add to the fam with a little friend for Baby Bshaw! Haha! Tell Blake that's what I think you should do instead...I'd love to hear his reaction to that one!
ReplyDeleteWe got two dogs 4 days after we got home from our honeymoon. We were glad to get the puppy stag out of the way at one time. I have had friends that have two dogs, but got them at different times. They said that their older dog showed the puppy the ways of the house. I also know that once you decide to have kids, the dogs will have each other since you will be spending more time with your children.
ReplyDeleteHope that helps.
She is sooo cute! We tried another dog last year and had terrible luck and couldn't give her the puppy time she needed. Good luck!
ReplyDelete