Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2: Favorite Holiday Memory




Day 2- Favorite Holiday Memory

Hmmm, this was really hard for me!  I have such good memories of so many different holiday times. 

I have to say that one of my favorite memories when I was young was the Christmas play we used to put on in our neighbor's basement.  Starting when I was 6, we put on a play of the Christmas story.  And, this wasn't just a typical children's play.  We had rehearsals, scenery, costumes, scripts, etc.  The director was our neighbor and family friend, Rosalind

It was such a fun time- we had grandparents, neighbors and even teachers come.  The tickets were $1.01 and all the proceeds went to "the poor."  Yes, I was the one who at 6 decided that "the poor" was charity.  Oh dear. 


One of my other favorite memories was when my brother, sister and I all got our first computer.  I think I was in 4th or 5th grade so it was about 1989 or 1990.  My uncles got it for us for Christmas and I remember being so excited to get it.  Back when computer monitors were black with green writing.  HA.  But, I do remember playing Word and Number munchers, Oregon Trail and Where in the World is Carmen San Diego. 








8 comments:

  1. Ha, I just remembered playing Oregon Trail on an ancient computer as a kid too! :)
    Completely unrelated, I am in L.O.V.E with the "I do" on the bottom of your wedding shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the same thing and playing Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego. Do you remember when the first CD-Roms came out? They were giving them away as prizes on Jeopardy and I remember wondering to myself how people were going to be able to see anything off of a CD-Rom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How ambitious to put on a play with the proceeds going to charity!

    I remember playing some of those same games on our old computer too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute! I love that you had your own play! What a memory. Also, I remember getting our first family computer and it looked like a space ship and processed at snail speed. ;)

    Just found you through the 11 in 2011 link, so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha!! I remember those "speedy" computers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was obsessed with Oregon Trail when I was younger :) Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great memories! I used to love Oregon Trail, that game was so fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)