Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3: Favorite Work Out Tip





Today is day 3 and the topic is favorite work out tip.  I wish I had something super inspiring.  Sadly, I don't.  I am really excited to read everyone's tips so I can be inspired! 

One thing that really works for me is setting up work-out "dates" or a buddy system.

These dates could be with Blake when we were able to go to the gym together before he re-hurt his knee or with friends.  Most recently, a group of teachers have been going to yoga on Monday afternoons and it's a lot of fun to work out together.  It's also much harder bail on your work out plans when you are being held accountable by your friends.  A couple of years ago, my friend Caroline and I would work out in the morning before school and we would text each other to make sure the other person was awake and up.  Trust me, it's much harder to stay in bed when you have a friend texting you at 5:00 in the morning asking if you're up.  I lied once and felt horribly guilty about it- as soon as I got to school, I told her that I actually slept for the extra hour.  And, I didn't do it again!  Hmm, maybe I should ask her if she's interested in the buddy system again!




4 comments:

  1. The buddy system does help! I can't stand a friend up, but I can stand myself up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips :)

    Having a partner to exercise with is very important to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not an expert with the tips either, but that's why I chose this topic to get hints!! :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jenni! Love the buddy system. It's what I talked about too in my hope to run a 5k. I like your blog a lot and am a new follower from the 11 in 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)