Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Best Leftover Recipe



Today's topic in 11 in 2011 is best leftover recipe .  I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of leftovers. Usually, I take leftovers to work the next day and eat them for lunch.  I don't generally re-make things with them.  The one exception I have is when I make grilled chicken or buy a rotisserie chicken.  And, then I make chicken quesadillas.  They are quick to make and very yummy!  We even bought a quesadilla maker on sale for $10 which makes it great but certainly not necessary. 

I don't really follow a recipe but put shredded chicken, cheese and a variety of vegetables in a tortilla and then cover with another tortilla and cook for a few minutes. 




And then, viola! A warm, chicken quesadilla.  We have them with sour cream, salsa, lettuce and sometimes black beans. 


And, the great thing about quesadillas is you can put almost anything in them... steak, pork, spinach, mushrooms, bbq sauce, mango, apple, etc...  The possibilities are endless!







8 comments:

  1. good idea, not sure why i never thought of that! we love buying rotisserie chickens, now i need to get all the ingredients for quesadillas. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quesadillas!! Mexican food is one of my favorites. And they're perfect for leftovers since all the dishes have so many of the same ingredients too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum... this sounds delicious!! I am the same way with leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a quesadilla maker and got rid of it and I miss it so much! I think I may be repurchasing! Visiting from the 11 in 2011 link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love quesadillas and buy rotisserie chickens, so this is a great idea! Now if I could just find the $10 quesadilla maker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea. Would put my quesadilla maker to use that is sitting in the cabinet.

    I am your newest follower from 11 in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband would love to have one of those quesadilla makers....he loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your recipe sounds super yummy! I've never had a quesadilla from a quesadilla maker!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)