Friday, December 31, 2010

2010: A Year in Review

2010 has been a very exciting year for us! 

January
I got my first SLR camera!  I've always been interested in photography and had wanted one in December but Blake thought I should be sure I really wanted one and that it wasn't just a phase.  (It wasn't!) 


February
We had two major blizzards in the DC area!  We were off for two weeks of school.  I absolutely love snow days so it was awesome for me. 

My sister also had her wedding shower over President's Day weekend!

  
March
I turned 29!  Blake celebrated by getting me a zoom lens for my camera and I had my birthday week.  It was awesome.  We also got our first wedding present!  My grandfather built us a grandfather clock!  He built one for my parents as well 33 years ago.  We love it!


April
My younger sister, Katie, got married on April 10th! And, Sophie (our puppy) turned 1!




Katie, Paul and I




May
I had my first wedding shower with my family!

June
My friend, Kate, threw me a weding shower for my incredible work friends!   I also had my bachelorette party and Blake had his bachelor party in Vegas!

July
We got married on July 10th!  And, then went to St. Lucia on our honeymoon.






(I invited my Kindergarten students to the ceremony and had a cookie & tea reception for them afterwards.  This is one of my former students).



The honeymoon!


August
Blake turned 32, I started school again at the end of August.  We also painted the family room sage green.

September
We went to the Virginia Tech vs. Boise Game at Fedex Field.  We had incredible seats and even though the Hokies lost, we still had a great time!  We also found out that our friends, Kate and Kurt were pregnant and due in May!  We were so excited and thrilled that we were the first to know!



October
We did a lot of work on our basement and enjoyed the Fall weather!


November
We celebrated our first married Thanksgiving at my parents house and went to my cousin's wedding in Portland, Maine.

The bride, her dad and her twin sister, Emily!



December
One of our busiest months but a great one.  We decorated our house for Christmas, enjoyed many holiday parties and celebrated our first married Christmas together!  We also sent out Christmas cards for the first time!  We also had our living room couches delivered (finally!) but I haven't taken any pictures of those yet. 


I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for us!  Happy New Year!



2 comments:

  1. sounds and looks like you've had a wonderful year!! love all the pictures!
    i wish you nothing but the best in 2011!!! happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you invited your students to your wedding and had a little reception for them. That is very thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)