After church, Blake and I exchanged Christmas presents. My main gift was a portable hard drive- 1 terabyte. Certainly not the most romantic present but definitely something on my list! Since getting my DSLRcamera last January, I haven't backed up any of my pictures and I've been living in fear that they are going to be lost. So, Blake bought me a terabyte! I certainly don't need something that big but he thought it would be best for everything to fit on one for the future!
In my stocking, I had a duster for my laptop. I think this was my favorite stocking stuffer item!
Doesn't it look so fun?
I also got many other things on my list... The Pioneer Woman's cookbook, some clothes(!), a few new additions to my Christmas china, and a photography book I read about online.
On Christmas morning, we went over around 8:30 to my parents house and exchanged presents with my parents and siblings. We left around 10:30 and drove down to Virginia Beach to celebrate Christmas with Blake's family. It started snowing around 8:00 that night and we got about 9 inches of snow!
The crazy thing is they don't have many plows so Blake's neighborhood street was never even plowed! Good thing he has 4 wheel drive!
The best present though was that my brother-in-law, Gordon, was able to get home for Christmas. As of December 20th, he was stuck in London with his passport stolen and crazy weather. He was able to get an emergency passport and after about 36 hours of straight traveling (taxis, trains, planes) he landed in the States on the 23rd. He's spent the last two Christmases in Chile so it was great for Blake's parents to be able to spend the holiday with both of their sons!
Blake has this week off which is amazing. We had Kate and Kurt over to watch the Maryland bowl game this afternoon. Tomorrow, Blake's working on getting an electrical permit for our basement, we're going out to dinner with his grandma and going to lunch with my grandfather on Friday.
How was your Christmas?






Hey you were in my neck of the woods! I'm over the snow here at the beach. I was pretty such I didn't sign up for needed rain/snow boots when I moved here!
ReplyDeleteI am going to have to check out that book! I am having the most difficult time mastering my DSLR...unless it's in manual! Arg!
ReplyDelete{PS. My FIL totally bought us an external harddrive for Christmas THREE YEARS AGO and I have yet to use it or back up on single pic!}