Today is Black Friday and General Shopping Tips!
I must admit I love to shop the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. However, I do not like to hit the malls in between; I do like the go at least once to see the decorations but I'm not a huge fan of the crowds and traffic, etc. So, I've become a huge online shopper. In my family, we send each other lists of things we want and many times include the links so all the person has to do is click the link and purchase. I know this somewhat takes away from the shopping experience but then we know the recipient is getting what they really want.
My tips:
- Make a list. I'm a huge fan of lists in general but I'm especially a fan of them for shopping.
- Go early. I cannot re-iterate this enough. We always get up early and on Black Friday and December 26th; we're out the door by 4:30 or 5:00 so we can beat the rush. While there are other crazy people out there with us, it does not compare to the crowds at lunchtime or after. But, we aren't part of the stampedes and we don't camp out or anything, we just enjoy going early. Then, the best part, we go out for a bagel sandwich and take a nap afterwards! :)
- Wear a vest or light coat. There's nothing worse than sweating in a store while you are trying to shop!
- Figure out a budget! Have an idea of how much you can spend on each person and try to stick to it as closely as you can.
- Get ideas from people. If you don't feel right about asking people what they want, email their daughters, husbands, etc. to see if they want anything in particular. This way you are getting them something they can use or wouldn't buy themselves!
- Go with a buddy. My sister, mom and I all go shopping together. While we don't walk around together, it is always good to bounce ideas off of people!
Great tips! Too true! New follower!
ReplyDelete