So, I decided to hop on the 12 Days of Christmas blog challenge. I do much better if I have something specific to write about!
This is year is going to be different as it's our first Christmas as a married couple so we're working out our plans. Blake's family lives about a four hours from us and my parents are only 15 minutes. It's hard when neither of you want to miss the holidays with your own family!
So, this has been my family's tradition in the past...
- Cookie Decorating
- We always pick a day in December to spend the day making Christmas cookies. It always puts me in the spirit of Christmas. It's one of my favorite days!
- Christmas Tree
- Ususally, we do this on a Friday night. On Thursday, Blake gets down all of our decorations. Then, on Friday night, I make a lot of our favorite appetizers and Blake lights a fire.
- Next, we decorate the Christmas tree while eating our appetizers and enjoying a nice bottle of Pinot Noir!
- I love the tradition Blake and I started, it might be my favorite one of all!
- Christmas Eve
- We have a lazy day and then head over to my parents house for homemade chicken noodle soup with Christmas pasta :) Yummm!
- Then, after dinner, we go to Christmas Eve Mass. We don't go to Midnight Mass although I've always wanted to. We go to an 8:00 service and it's teh Mass of the Carols- lots of singing. Our church has a wonderful choir so we love the singing!
- Christmas Day
- We get up early at my parents house. My mom always wants to wake us up at 6:00 despite the fact that we are 29, 27, and 25 years old. In the past, we've been able to compromise for a 7:00-7:15 wake-up. Then, we exchange presents with each other.
- Next, my aunts and uncles and grandfather come over for brunch. We exchange presents with them and just relax and enjoy each other's company :)
- Around 2:00, we head over to my aunt's house for more present exchanging and our big Christmas dinner.
- December 26th
- My sister, mom and I always get up early and hit the after-Christmas sales!

Great traditions. This is our first Christmas as a married couple as well so we are still ironing out our plans too!
ReplyDeleteGreat traditions! I also hit up the after Christmas sales, love them!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining the challenge!