Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 4: My Parents

It's the 4th day of the 30 day blogging challenge over at Katie's

This is actually the perfect day for this topic- it's my Dad's birthday!  Happy Birthday Dad!

My parents are Barb and Phil.  They met through my uncle; my dad was my uncle's college roomate at Penn State.  They got engaged after3 months, married on my mom's 21st birthday and have been married for 33 years!   

At my sister's rehearsal dinner in April

At my rehearsal dinner in July

Dancing at my wedding!

August 2009


I know some couples have a hard time with an empty nest.  Not my parents, I think they have a busier social calendar than me!  They are are always going downtown for lectures, book talks, and museums.  They love throwing parties and going on local road trips. 

They have given my brother, sister and I such a strong, stable family, thank you!

5 comments:

  1. Haha my grandparents have a busier social calendar than me...sad day

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an adorable story about your parents! you can totally tell based off of these pictures how in love they are with one another! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your parents are precious! Their love for one another radiates off of those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your parents sound a lot like mine. My mom and dad were only together 3 months before marrying too and they have now been married for 23 years!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)