It's Day 3 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge at Katie's.
Day 3: Your First Love
This may be odd to some people but my first love was my high school boyfriend, Luke. The love I felt certainly wasn't the same as the love I feel for my husband but it was love nonetheless. We started dating the summer before my Junior year of high school. I was a lifeguard, on the swim team and he was on the swim team as well. He also had the reputation or gave off the impression of a "bad boy." In fact, he was a huge teddy bear.
I still remember I wore on our first date, my first date ever, in fact. I remember the butterflies of my first kiss, the analysis with all of my friends about our dates, etc. He was leaving to go to college in the fall and when we first started dating I wasn't sure what to think about the fall. As it turns out, we lasted until the spring of his freshman year of college. I drove up to visit him; he was about an hour away. What WERE my parents thinking?! We've talked about it recently and they agree- they have no idea what they were thinking! Ha! I certainly wasn't allowed to spend the night but I could spend the day and evening a couple of times a month with him.
We wrote letters to each other- like real letters. I still have them in a box; although, I haven't read them in years. It was great for awhile. And, then it wasn't so we broke up. Obviously :)
Again, it certainly doesn't compare to my love for Blake, I still consider it my first love. And, Blake is completely okay with that! I do think part of what made our relationship work was that we were in love with the idea of being in love with each other. Blake and I have a much stronger, deeper bond than I had with my high school or college boyfriends. Good thing, since we're married right?! :)
Although, I don't officially consider Blake my first love, he's the first person I feel such a strong love for. And, it keeps getting stronger. I always hear older people say things like, "I love her more now than the day I married her." I really believe that; here's to hoping!
You guys are gorgeous! So glad I stumbled on your blog with the 30 day challenge :) Looking forward to getting to know more about you!
ReplyDelete