Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 18: Something I regret

Day 18 of Katie's blog challenge is something you regret. 

I don't think I have many regrets but I do have a few that revolve around college...
  •  I went to college about an hour away from home.  Looking back, I wish I had gone somewhere farther. 
  • Speaking of college, I wish I had gotten more involved in college.  My college was a "commuter college."  It emptied out on the weekends.  There were a lot of people from out of state but they would still go home or visit their friends at different colleges.  I think if I had been more involved I would have had a strong group of friends.  Instead, I had a lot of friends from different groups and didn't have a strong group. 
  • I also wonder what it would have been like if I had played soccer in college.  When I was growing up, I played soccer from Kindergarten to 12th grade and loved it.  But, I was ready for a break.  Don't get me wrong, I was no Mia Hamm but I think I would have loved playing at a Division 2 or 3 school.  And, I would have had a built in group of friends.
  • I didn't study abroad in college and I wish I had.  The reason I didn't was because I would have had to add an entire semester onto my college career since I was an education major and the credits wouldn't have transferred my junior or senior year when I would have been studying abroad.  However, I do wish I had gotten to know another country and culture for 5 or 6 months!
With all of that said, I had done any of those things, I would not be where I am today.  If I had gone to a different college, I wouldn't have been introduced to Blake.  If I studied abroad, my graduation would have been 6 months later and I would have graduated in December.  I wouldn't have gotten the position at my school and I love teaching at my school!  So, I'm not sure if they are regrets or things I wish I could change but still be where I am today! :)

1 comment:

  1. I had a lot of regrets in College, too. I regret not going working harder to go to Notre Dame. I heart that school.
    You're wonderful the way you are, dont regret a thing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)