Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Post wedding blues?


When I was planning my wedding, I heard the phrase "post wedding blues."  To be honest, I didn't pay a lot of attention to it and assumed I would be totally and completely happy after our wedding day.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love my husband and our life together.  But, it's weird, I miss planning our wedding and having something wonderful and monumental to look forward to.  I googled the term and according to ABC News, post wedding blues affects 1 in 10 spouses in America.  The article said it was normal and natural after spending so much time on one day. 

My mom told me that she and my dad were a little sad after sister's wedding but they had mine to look forward to in 3 months.  After my wedding, she said they were both a little sad that it was all over.  I think that's how I feel.  I'm a little sad it's all over and done with.  It was a great day and I loved every minute of it but it's still strange that it's over. 

I guess I just need to start a new project and plan something else.   We're thinking about planning a trip over my Spring Break.  I should start planning and looking forward to that!

Any married ladies experience any post wedding blues?

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope we don't go through that. I doubt we will since we're eloping and didn't spend a year planning the big day.

    Found your blog today, diggin it so far.

    xo,
    Dani
    www.okdani.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)