Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Before starting kindergarten

,,,our future children will be able to:
  • Identify all letters
  • Identify numbers up to 20
  • Write all letters
  • Write numbers up to 20
  • Write their name
  • Count up to 20
  • Tie their shoes
  • Button and snap their pants
I hope they will also be able to:
  • Identify numbers up to 31 and higher
  • Count up to 31 and beyond
  • Identify letters AND letter sounds
  • Some idea of number sense and be able to use words like "more" or "less" with an idea of what they mean

The beginning of the year in Kindergarten is the hardest part for both the students but especially the teacher! :)  I hope I will be able to give my future children a head's start by having them do at least the above list if not a lot more!  If you have children and they are going to be going to school in the next couple of years, be sure to start working with them on those things!



And, see they have so many toys and things to help make learning fun! 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, and yes! Also, I'm sure they'll be able to follow directions and be polite and respectful to their teacher:-) And zip a coat, put on and take off snow pants, snow boots, hats, and gloves! If you live in a cold area, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I started kindergarten I was technically too young. You had to be 5 by Sept 1st and my bday is the 5th. I was able to get in b/c I was able to say 1-10 in English, Spanish and Chinese and could say the ABC's faster backwards than forwards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)