Five things I remember about September 11th...
1. I was driving to campus to go the class and I heard on the radio (DC101) that a small jet engine plane had accidentally flown into one of the twin towers. I remember thinking to myself- how do you accidentally fly into one of the towers? It never even entered my mind that people would do it on purpose.
2. By the time I had walked the 10 minutes to my building, the second plane had struck and it was quite obvious that it was not accident. I remember being utterly astounded that America was being attacked.
3. I remember trying to call my parents and not being able to get through to them because the cell phone towers were jammed.
4. Leaving campus and going to my boyfriend's apartment and watching the news together with his roommates. We were glued to the tv.
5. The sense of unity of the country, along with the sense of pride. I remember seeing all the American flags flying in the following days and weeks and being proud that I was an American.
To all those who lost their lives on September 11th, I will never forget...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)