Thursday, August 26, 2010

TMI

So, tonight was Back to School Night for our Kindergarten parents.  We have it before school starts because the Kindergarten parents have so many questions about the routines and how things run.  We have a presentation we do as a team and then we break into our classes and take the parents back to the classroom so they can see the classroom and ask us any questions.  


My job before we started the presentation was to greet parents at the door, direct them to the class lists and ask them to check the spelling and write down any nicknames their child may have.  So, we have five Kindergarten classes this year and each class has about 16 students in it.  


As I'm greeting and introducing myself to parents, an older man comes up to me and tells me that I'm teaching one of his children.  Her name is Kavitha but she goes by SMILE.   We will ignore that for now.  


Here's how the conversation proceeds.


Man: "You have my daughter, Smiley."
Me: "Welcome!  I'm very excited to meet her; we're going to have a great year.  I can't wait for Open House tomorrow."
Man: "Yes, she is a twin.  They are from IVF.  Do you know what that is?"
Me:  (stunned for a second) "Yes, In Vitro Fertilization"


Awkward pause (I am frantically trying to figure out why he is sharing this information with me).


Me:  "That's great news, congratulations."


The man nods and walks to his seat. 




Um, Too.  Much.  Information.


We won't even get into the story he told my principal involving balls and a scrotum.  That's a whole other post.

1 comment:

  1. And the crazy thing is, my first thought was, "Gosh, this would make a great blog post for Jenni!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)