Friday, August 20, 2010

Summer Blues

Today is my last day of summer.  I am in the midst of summer blues.  I think it's something that only teachers understand.  I know that we are very lucky to have summers off but I think everyone can relate to not looking forward the first day back to work after a vacation. 

In honor of my last day of freedom I ran a bunch of errands, got a pedicure, did a little shopping and wrapped presents for Blake's birthday tomorrow. 


I know once I'm back in the routine of school; I will be fine.  I am ready for fall; I'm just not looking forward to the freedom of summer, lazy days being taken.  In fact, I love the fall.  My favorite season is spring but my second favorite is fall.  I love the smells of fall, the crisp cool air, colorful apples, colorful leaves on the trees and I love college football.


I'm looking forward to Virginia Tech football, Penn State football, fires in the fireplace, chili in the crock-pot.  However,  I am not ready for raking leaves.  In fact, I detest raking. 

But, for now, I'll wallow in my freedom being taken for a few days but then I'll embrace the change of seasons that will soon be happening and not worry about raking leaves.  Yet.


4 comments:

  1. Aw! Enjoy your last weekend before school starts - that was me last weekend :) However, I didn't get a pedi {though I wish I had} and my purple polish clashed with just about everything I wore this week. Ha! Oh well...

    It seems you and I are switching roles - have fun in K!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did summer not just FLY by ..... ahhh! I am not ready for winter, which will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have an easy class and you make a quick adjustment to getting up in the morning. But I'm like you - I do love Fall.

    Haupi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through a comment you left at Babbling Abby. I love that you are looking forward to VT football (GO HOKIES!) and that you're teaching kindergarten this year! I'll be checking in often! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)