Sunday, August 15, 2010

Family Room!

I had BIG plans for our house this summer.  In fact, whenever Blake or I thought of a project, I added it to my list to do when we got back from the honeymoon.  The two big projects were to paint the hallways and take down the ugly wallpaper in one our bathrooms and paint it.  I have one week left of summer (I'm in denial, shhh!) and I've completed only one of these two projects.  I painted the hallways in our house.  

On Friday, Blake had a surprise day off from work (yay for him working extra hours over the past 2 weeks and having to use the hours) and we went to Home Depot and picked out a wall color the family room.  We did what you're not supposed to do, we picked it out in the store instead of bringing it home and seeing how it would look.  We went with a sage green.  For those of you who know my husband, you know that he is pretty much afraid of color.  We have a beige living room, the dining room which is connected to the living room is beige with dark brown under the chair rail, a light yellow kitchen and a light blue master bathroom.  I wanted red in the dining room so he compromised on the brown.  But, this green is totally out of his comfort zone. 

Anyways, we started painting yesterday and finished. It looks great!  We're leaving one wall white as an accent wall- it's wood paneling that has been painted white and we like how it looks with the fireplace.  But, we love it.  I will admit, I was a little worried about it when we first started applying it but I really like it!  I'm going to have to figure out how to work in some "earthy" green accessories into the room now!

Oh, and I'm not sure when the bathroom will be done.  My brother-in-law is living with us and has been since May and I'm secretly hoping he will do it before he leaves in September.  But, I'm not holding my breath. 

Some pictures of our "new" room...

View when you walk down the stairs (note, new green wall on left side)


Green wall with white accent wall.  I will need to be getting a new blanket since the neutral browns, beiges and whites don't really work anymore!


Where we spend the majority of our time.  At least until the basement is done. 


View from the couch but you can see the green wall behind the tv.  Excuse the towels on the ground (it's rainy here this morning!) and we need to dry Sophie off when she comes in!

2 comments:

  1. Great color! The pics on the wall with the sofa look good with the sage background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the color! it looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)