Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Classroom in progress

Summer is quickly coming to an end.  I go back to work on Monday, August 23rd and the students come back on Monday, August 30th. 

Setting up a classroom is always overwhelming for me and my to-do list is also super long.  So, I decided to go in on Monday to start setting up.  Then, I met with my team this morning to plan for the first two weeks of school.  Even though the teachers are back to school for a week before the students come in the week is full of staff meetings, data meetings, school improvement meetings and human relation activities. 

Without further ado, here are some before pictures and some after pictures.  I'm by no means finished but it's slowly getting there.  I feel good about what I got done and now I'm not going to go back to school until I have to!







I moved the furniture this year; I'm trying a new classroom set-up and I added fabric instead of bulletin board paper.  I've never done fabric before but I'm looking forward to it brightening up my room!  I'll post more pictures when the room is finished in a couple of weeks.  

1 comment:

  1. Everyone uses fabric where I sub and I love how it looks, plus it holds up a lot better too! I am impressed with how much you got done today...go you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)