Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Overheard in the classroom

I've had the opportunity to listen to a lot of my students' conversations over the past week as I haven't been consistently pulling my reading groups as often.  And, I wish I had the opportunity to do it more often- just sit and listen to them talk to each other.  I teach Kindergarten, so 5 and 6 year olds.

  • M: "Do you want any kids when you grow up?"
  • C: "No way."
  • M: "You don't?!  Why not?"
  • C: "Because my mom is always tired.  She says me and my sister wear her out and I do not want to be tired all the time."

  • K: "Some grown-ups are fat."
  • S: "That's not very nice."
  • K: "Well, it's true.  Some grown-ups are fat because they eat too much McDonalds."

  • J: "My imaginary friends are nicer than yours."
  • K: "Not-uh"
  • J: "Well, they are in my imagination not yours so you will never know."

  • T: "Ms. Smakula is a really good colorer."
  • S: "Well, that's what happens when you grow up.  You get really good at little kid things like coloring.  I can't wait until I can color really good."

  • Said to me: "My dad says he could never be a teacher.
  • Me: "Why does he say that?"
  • C: "'cause he says me and my sister are hard enough and there is no way he could do 18 kids at one time.  2 is enough for him."

2 comments:

  1. Aww, how sweet! Kids just say the cutest things! Don't you love it?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)