Thursday, May 20, 2010

Zoo

Well, today, I got to take my Kindergarten class on a field trip the Washington National Zoo.  We were on a field trip along with about a hundred other schools.  And, somehow we all chose the same day that the zoo is hosting their annual fundraiser.  The zoo closed at 4pm and about half the exhibits closed at noon.  Good thing, we were leaving at 12:30.  Phew. 


But, the weather was great.  And, a lot of the animals were more active than I've seen in a long time so that was exciting for me and, of course, the kids!


A few photos from today...


A Giant Panda


An Elephant


A duck not part of an exhibit but my students were super excited. Ha.


A Giant Tortoise.  Sidenote, did you know they can grow to be 400 pounds?!


Bengal Tiger

I think she looked right at me because she wanted to eat me!



Sharpening her claws so she could tear me to pieces more quickly!

Male Lion

Turtles


A frog in the cheetah exhibit.  How my new ESOL student saw this is beyond me!  I was too busy looking at the cheetah!


The cheetah was quite restless!



Overall, the trip was a big success and a few of my students had never been to a zoo before so that was really special. But, man, I'm exhausted!! 

3 comments:

  1. that female lion is beautiful! and she was totally eyeballing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos!!! It's the zoo just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    I found your blog through mrnwifelife blog...and I absolutely love it...you have a new follower...I'm giving away MAC VIVA GLAM lippie in June...check it out when you have a chance... makeupthoughts.blogspot.com

    dee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)