Monday, April 26, 2010

Top Two Tuesday: Summer

It's almost Tuesday so that means it's Top Two Tuesday!  This week's about what the top two things you love about summer. 


1.  No Work!  Since I'm a teacher, I love having a break from my students!  I've actually only taken one summer off from work, I've always worked at a camp or taught summer school.  I took off a summer a few years ago right after I finished my Masters; my sister and I went to Italy for a couple of weeks.  It was wonderful!  And, this year I can't work because my wedding and honeymoon will be right in the middle of summer school and camp.  Oh darn! :)


2. BBQs.  There are a lot of things that I love about summer but I really love grilling out.  It's the best.  Seriously.  I love being able to come home and throw something on the grill.  We just got a gas grill last August for Blake's birthday (we always used a charcoal one) and I'm in love with it.  I do miss the charcoal smell and flavor.  But I really like how easy it is to turn on the grill and just start making dinner!  I'll be honest, I haven't gotten too adventuresome with my recipes but I really want to grill corn and vegetables on it this summer.  Anyone have a good recipe/marinade to share?!

And, of course, if we're grilling out, who doesn't love a nice, cold beer to go along with it?  Generally, I drink a mixed drink or wine if we're at a restaurant and rarely do I prefer beer.  But, BBQs and beer go hand in hand!




What are your favorite things about summer?!

19 comments:

  1. Yay for your wedding and honeymoon!!! so exciting! I love cookouts too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE BBQS!!! :)

    You have a new follower now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your upcoming wedding! That's so exciting! I love BBQs too and I forgot to put it on my list, dang it! Hope yall have a great week!~andrea
    http://www.andreasattic-andrea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your first one! Im going back to school to get my teaching certification and i cant wait for summers off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love bbqs. my favorite thing on the grill is just cut up veggies [we use a grill basket] we marinade them in a little evoo with salt, pepper and any seasoning {we bought stuff off ebay called swamp season - its from a seminal indian reservation in FL and its delicious}] and then grill them until they are cooked - its a wonderful side dish! i have a few others too if you want new recipes let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so looking forward to not having to work during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh lucky you! :) you get to enjoy the whole summer off! you deserve it hun!
    i totally agree with you on cookouts, i chose that as well!!

    p.s. cute blog, new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew I got into the wrong profession....Dang it! Ha! Sooo jealous of you! But you deserve it! You work hard :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love BBQ's! Here in AZ theres a ton every weekend! Your pup is so cute! I love your blog, I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I love grilling out!! And a cold drink in hand is a MUST!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a teacher too and I agree no school is a great thing!!! Have fun this summer with the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would give anything to be a teacher when the Summer rolls around, SO jealous! And the wedding/honeymoon!

    Have a wonderful Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love BBQ's, wish I had the summer off :(. Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This will be my first summer that I have to work since I left teaching-BUMMER!!! I am with you BBQ & Corona is there anything better??? Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the upcoming wedding! This is such an exciting time for a bride to be!

    Love BBQ - and wishing I had the summer off!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your number 1. and I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for being a teacher and having summers off!!

    And I too am a huge lover of BBQ's! We grill out every weekend :)

    Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)