Last year when we got engaged, I thought about how cool it would be to invite my students but didn't know if it would be strange since I would be getting married during the summer and it would be a full Catholic Mass and put it at the end of my to-do list. But then, one of my wonderful room parents, approached me about having the end of the year party be a combination end of year party/wedding shower for Blake and I. She wanted to know if Blake would be able to come in one afternoon. I emailed, he said sure, we picked a few dates and then I emailed the room parent back. A few days later, she asked me if we would be willing to have a mock-wedding ceremony in the classroom that way "the students could all say they've been to my wedding."
I told her I wasn't sure but I would talk to Blake about it. That's when the idea of inviting the students came back to top of my to-do list. I talked to a couple of other teachers, including Kate, and they helped get me really excited about it! They helped come up with the idea of having a cookie/tea reception after the ceremony to help them feel special. (I think we're going to have Sprite now because it's clear in case of any spilling on my dress!)
I went home and decided to talk to Blake and he was completely on-board, especially if that meant he didn't have to have a fake ceremony in front of 5 year old kids and their parents when he's only met a handful of them at a PTA event earlier this year.
So, we're inviting them! I went out and bought a Print Your Own Wedding Invitation last night and I'm working on them now. I'm going to mail them addressed particuarly to my student. I can't wait to hear their reactions the next morning after they've seen it!
Here's the invitation! (I'm still working on the cookie reception card)
I'm so excited!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)