This week's Show Us Your Life is about how you met your husband. Since Blake will be my husband in less than 3 months, here is our story...
Blake and I were set up six and a half years ago through mutual friends. One of my college friends, Liz was dating one of Blake's college roomates, Matt. Matt and Liz decided Blake and I would be good together and we had both broken up with our longtime serious college boyfriends/girlfriends (Blake in January and I in April). So, Matt and Liz persuaded Blake to come to to the DC area for a visit. Blake and Matt were down in Blacksburg, Virginia at Virginia Tech.
We spent the weekend hanging out with Liz and Matt, went to Kings Dominion together (an amusement park) and when he left Sunday night with Matt, I was thinking to myself, how is this going to work? Is he going to ask me for my number?! As we were saying goodbye, he told me he had put his phone number in my purse.
I was SO mad. I did NOT want to be the one to call first. What a jerk!
Truth be told, I didn't want to get into a long distance relationship with someone four and a half hours away. But, I was weirdly happy and excited at the same time; as I was analyzing every minute of the weekend with Liz Monday night, we were interrupted- Blake was calling!
Liz and I went down to visit two weekends later and he asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend. (Isn't that an awkward conversation?!??!) Liz and Matt broke up that same weekend. Strange timing...
Six and a half years later, Blake has numerous degrees from VA Tech, we made it through two and a half years of seeing each other mostly every other weekend, talking for hours at night, buying a house, getting engaged, planning a wedding and training a dog!
Trust your friends, set ups can work!!!!
A picture history (I don't have any from 2003 because they are all on an old CD)
2004- It makes me smile whenever I look at these pictures of Blake's long hair!
2005- I love this picture, excuse the red party cups and poker chips!
2006- I think this is so awkward, I'm sitting on his lap but I look HUGE next to him!
2007- At my parents house for a party
2008- I cut my hair and highlighted it for the first time ever!
2009- St. Patrick's Day Party!
Can't wait for 2010 engagement and wedding photos!!!


Love it! Here's to many more pics to come!
ReplyDeleteha ha!! Love it, I think the boy should have to call too!! COngrats on your engagement!!
ReplyDeleteGreat story.....Had a few hours to blog hop tonight......so glad that I stopped here....Be sure and stop by and read about a miracle in our family....
ReplyDeletehttp://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/
Congratulations on your engagement! Sweet story!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute story!! its amazing how everything works out..
ReplyDeleteHow fun that your first date was an amusement park. I'm thinking now, that's pretty much an ideal spot to have one. Just letting you that I found your blog through Kelly's Korner
ReplyDeleteDo you have a doodle?
ReplyDeleteWe have goldendoodle! Cute story, cute blog. Found you on KK.