Friday, April 23, 2010

How do I become a blog follower?

I've had some people who are new to the blog world ask me how they become a follower.  And, I realized that it was hard to figure out if you don't have a blogger account.  So, I  added a "widget" where all a reader needs to do is click on become a follower.  To do this, you need to have a Google, Yahoo, or Twitter account.  Then, you enter your username/password and viola!  You are a follower!


You have the option to publicly follow or privately follow.  If you chose to publicly follow a blog, your profile image (if you have one) will be in the sidebar along with your blogger profile (if you have one).  You will also be signed up for subscribed updates to the blog which you can get in your blogger account or in your Google Reader account. 

If you choose to privately follow, your profile image and link will NOT be displayed but you will still be subscribed to updates in your blogger account and in your Google Reader account.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I just added that widget and realized I have three followers. Learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)