I have a lot of Christmas ornaments that say best teacher ever, etc. I could probably decorate an entire Christmas tree or at least a small tree! I would shy away from those.
In fact, my favorite gift to receive from both students and parents...
My box of letters, cards, pictures and other mementos...
A letter thanking me for what I've done for them and/or their child. It's even better when it's a letter adddressed to my principal. My principal always copies it for us (if we weren't Cc'd) and then asks us if we want it for our personnal file! I love opening this box when I've had a hard day at school!
My second favorite gift to receive... gift cards! I know many people think they are impersonal but they are greatly appreciated and I really love getting them. And since I have a compulsion and can't not buy a book in a bookstore, I love when I get bookstore gift cards. I usually buy books for my classroom and then a book for me! So, it's a win-win! I also recommend, Starbucks, Target, a Visa card, or a card to a local mall!
Loe it! I have ever note, letter,picture... that I have ever gotten from student or parents! I am working on putting them all together so that I will have them forever!
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday Girlie!
What a cute little box of notes! :O
ReplyDelete