It's Friday Fives over at Beth's. This topic for this week is your favorite five movies.
We weren't allowed to watch a lot of TV when I was little and we didn't have a VCR until I was in high school. We didn't have cable until I was in college. So, I was apparently deprived of a lot of 80's movies. I miss out on a lot of jokes because there are a bunch of movies/tv shows I haven't seen before.
ANyways. Here are my top five movies in no particular order...
1. Good Will Hunting- I remember seeing this in the theater and being so inspired by it and loving the story of Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. I love it!
2. Sweet Home Alabama- This is my feel good movie. I love Reese Witherspoon and this is just one of those movies that doesn't require a lot of thought but I love.
3. School Ties- This movie reminds me of high school- not because we were bigoted or anything. But, I remember watching this one Friday or Saturday night with my high school girls and just having fun. This is a story about a character (Brandon Fraser) who is Jewish and gets a scholarship to a boarding school and hides his religion until it is forced out. It also has Matt Damon and Chris O'Donnell in it! I think the memory that goes along with this movie is why I like it so much.
4. Collateral- This is a movie with Tom Cruise and Jamie Fox. Jamie Fox is taxi driver and Tom Cruise is a hit man and he hires Jamie Fox to drive him around that night... Jamie Fox has to do his best to stay alive. Blake and I went to see this in the movie theater towards the beginning of our relationship and it was a really great date- dinner before, movie and then drinks afterwards. Again, the memory that goes along with this movie that makes me like it so much.
5. I Am Sam- This movie has Sean Penn, Michelle Pfeiffer and Dakota Fanning. It's about a man with the mental capacity of a 7 year old who raises a baby by himself until Child Protective Services deems him unfit. It's the journey of his battle to win custody. This movie makes me cry every time I watch it!
What are your favorite movies?





Love Sweet Home Alabama! Great choice!
ReplyDeleteGreat choice of movies. I remember School Ties too. Oh, I what memories that brings back.
ReplyDeleteThere are quite a few with Sweet Home Alabama on their list! One of my faves too! I love I Am Sam, as well.
ReplyDeleteI completely forgot about 'School Ties'. I'm adding it to my Netflix for sure. It's been a long time.
ReplyDeleteI Am Sam is another one of my favorites as well. Great list!!
Thanks for doing my Friday Fives!! Love you picks and I cant believe I didnt put the I am Sam on my list! I love that movie! I hope you have a great weekend!!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen a lot of these - I'll have to check them out!!
ReplyDeleteI loved Good Will Hunting! How cute was Matt Damon in that movie?
ReplyDelete