Friday, March 26, 2010

Show us your Life: Cleaning Tips

Kelly at Kelly's Korner is hosting Show us Your Life: Cleaning Tips. 

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

I can't wait to read everyone's cleaning tips because this is something I struggle with.  I love a clean house but I don't like the actually process of cleaning unless I'm trying to avoid an activity.  Then, my house is spotless!  I'm excited to read tips on keeping a shower/tub clean and de-cluttering mail.  Keeping up with mail is a constant battle at our house!


1.  Clean as you cook.  I'm a big fan of cleaning dishes and pots you go along.  When Blake cooks, he does not do this and it's so frustrating to me!  It saves so much time after dinner!

2  Buy a Dyson vacuum!  Seriously, I never would have thought a vacuum could make such a difference.  It does.  This was one of the best investments we've made.  We bought it at Bed, Bath and Beyond so we could use a 20% off coupon, it was totally worth the money!  I was skeptical until I borrowed one of our friends and then I jumped on the jumped on the bandwagon.  You will be shocked at how much dirt you will vacuum up, especially the first time you use it!

3 Make your bed daily. This is something I'm really working on. My mom always had us make our bed and I think it makes such a big difference when you come into your bedroom at the end of the day. I'm much less likely to leave a basket of folded clothes in the room when the bed is made. However, when the bed isn't made, the clean pile of laundry doesn't make such a difference!


4.  The previous owners of our house left us a Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner.  We've been in our house a year and a half and just used it last month for the first time on our kitchen floor.  We have vinyl flooring in our kitchen and it made a HUGE difference compared to our usual swiffering and mopping.  I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. I have the DYSON too and I LOVE It! Its worth every penny! Im going to have to check out the Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner! Im having a hard time with my hardwoods!

    Great Post! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandma always said when your bed is made, your room is half clean. I always remember that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)