Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is hosting "Show us your life: daily routines." I wish I could saythat my days were especially interesting. But alas, not so much. I am very much a creature of habit so this kind of post is right up my alley!
5:23AM- My alarm goes off and I promptly snooze it until Blake gets out of the shower.
6:15AM- I get up and shower, blow dry my hair and try to figure out what to wear. I liked my closet when it was organized. SIGH.
6:45AM- I put on my make-up and head down the kitchen to make my coffee, pour my Kashi cereal into a bag to eat at work and make my lunch.
7:00AM- Leave for work. Depending on traffic get there by 7:20 or 7:30. Since I'm a teacher, I generally grade yesterday's papers (depending on how
After I make sure I am ready for the day, I usually do one of two things:
1. Browse the internet for wedding ideas
2. Talk to my teacher friends. I am very priviledged to work with great people and I absolutely love them!
(Clearly we aren't in school. :) This was last year for our St. Patrick's Day party, did you guess that?! And, I'm SO glad that we painted our kitchen and no longer have to look at that horrible wallpaper!)
Yes, I do realize that I could sleep longer if I did not do these two things at school. But, again, I am a creature of habit. The beginning of the year is always crazy and this is just how my routine starts at the beginning of the year and thus, it continues for the year.
8:45AM- The students/monsters (depending on the day) come into the classroom.
9:00-11:30AM- We do reading and writing until 11:30.
11:30-12:30PM- Lunch and Recess
12:40-1:15PM- Specials 4 days a week (Art, Media, Music and PE)
1:30-2:20PM- Math
2:20-2:45PM- Science/Social Studies/Free Play
Depending on the day, I question my love for my job three times, on average. For example, yesterday, I questioned my sanity once every 15 minutes or so but today, I loved it.
4:00ish- I try to leave school. Generally, I try to stay late one day a week.
4:30PM- I come home to this adorable face, full of unconditional love and excitement.
4:45PM- We go for a walk and then I've recently started going to the gym.
10:00PM- Bedtime! (Although I've been known to go to bed as early as 8:45PM)
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am going to be sure and add you to my blog list! Your classroom is super cute. I cannot wait to have my own class and get to decorate it!
ReplyDeleteI was a kinder teacher for 6 years and loved it! There were years when I questioned my sanity on a daily basis, and there were years when I was in love on a daily basis.
ReplyDeleteI've been home with my daughter this school year, though, and have been able to sub in lots of other grades. My subbing experience has left me completely confident that when I make a return to the classroom it will not be a kinder room!
Wow! You were organized enough to coordinate pictures! I am impressed! I am a fifth grade teacher and am loving reading all of these other teacher schedules. Love the blog...so cute!
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog through Kelly's Korner! I'm graduating in December from Texas A&M with a degree in Education! New follower...I'm going to add you to my blog list! :)
ReplyDelete