Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Birthday Week, Part One!

Birthdays have always been a big deal in my family.  The birthday girl or boy always got to open presents before school and choose the family dinner for that night.  We always got our favorite dessert as well.  In my case, I always chose Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip Pie.  I was never a big fan of cake so an ice cream pie was perfect!  We also pretty much got to the princess or prince for the day.  It was great!


Birthdays were not such a big deal in Blake's family.  I'm still in the process of teaching him how amazing birthday celebrations can be. 

Imagine my delight when he told me they had to reschedule his fantasy baseball draft for 6pm on March 21st.  You got it, my birthday.  He knew how thrilled I would be, so he immediately told me not to worry, my birthday week would start on Monday.  YES!  I've been trying to get him to do a birthday week since I heard about it a few years ago from my friend Caroline.  She and her husband do a birthday week.  For them, it means the person celebrating their birthday doesn't have to do any usual household chores (walking the dog, laundry, cooking dinner, etc), they chose the movies/tv shows without a complaint from the other and they get a present each night.  I wasn't sure what to expect for mine but so far I've been very happy!

Monday- Blake took the dry cleaning to the cleaners, bought Sophie some treats at the pet store, and brought me home one of my favorite treats- frozen yogurt. Deliciousness.  I also got to control the remote with not one snide remark about any of the shows I watched. 



Tuesday- We had a little drama with Sophie today.  She was groomed on Monday and came back a little poofy for our taste.  But then when I got home from work today, I noticed she had a sore/cut on her leg.  So, I texted a picture of it to Blake.  He called the groomer, talked to her and then made an appointment with the vet for Wednesday night.  I can't say this is out of the ordinary for him to make the phone calls because I absolutely hate talking to strangers on the phone (I don't even like ordering food on the phone).  But, he did it without any complaining or giving me a hard a time about not calling.  He and I made pasta together and he did the dishes RIGHT AFTER we finished eating.  Amazing. 

Then, he went to cheer on his dodgeball team in the playoffs (he can't play because of his hurt knee).  He said he was a little bummed about how today turned out because he wanted to make a stop on his way home from work but couldn't because he wanted to come home to see Sophie and her sore before he called the vet to make an appointment.  We were both hoping they could have seen us tonight but we were about 15 minutes too late for their last appointment!


(She's still poofy on her head, yuck!)

I'm excited to see what the rest of the week brings, besides a vet appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)