- My wedding is July 10th
- My sister's wedding is in less than 8 weeks!
- I want to be healthier and feel good about how I look. I hate looking at a picture and realizing that my mental self image is not what is actually there.
BUT, we can use them on personal training sessions. So, Blake signed us up for our first joint workout tonight. I was looking forward to it because we're both pretty competitive and it would push me that much harder.
Then, this weekend happened and Blake hurt his knee. He got an MRI today and goes to the doctor on Friday to find out what's wrong with it and the next steps. More on that later.
SO, that meant it was just me at the gym. I was working out with my trainer. Wow, my trainer, never thought I would say that. Well, not my trainer but my trainer for our 3 sessions. Flashforward about 40 minutes...
We get to the next machine and he turns, looks at me and says "Yikes, you look a little green. Do you feel a little woosy?"
"Why, yes Jeff, I do." (This is what I say)
"Are you freaking kidding me? I feel like I'm back in high school soccer tryouts. I haven't worked this hard in a long time and I never feel like this when I'm working out. Make it stop, pleeeease." (This is what I'm thinking and wish I could say)
I look a little like this:
So, he gives me a rest. Then, I go start my leg presses and then my hanging arm leg raises. Or, I think that's what they're called. I may or may not have been a little delirious. I hate those.
In conclusion:
- I have learned that I need to eat before I work out with Jeff (he suggested oatmeal (gross) or peanut butter on a rice cake or celery).
- I have learned that I like my own workouts better.
- And, I have learned that I may be a little lazy and need to push myself a little harder in my own workouts.

Hey girl!
ReplyDeleteI just started with a personal trainer too and know EXACTLY what you mean! OMG holy strength training for making you sweat! LOL. Typically, I have something at least an hour or two before I head in. One of my friends (who sees the same trainer) swears by a yogurt before hand. Personally, I'll have some granola, nuts, or a piece of fruit. See if that helps for you. Good luck! It gets easier, I swear!
Oh my gosh! That sounds so intense! The girl from your gym keeps e-mailing/calling us. Maybe I need to take her up on that free 2-week offer. Hope you are feeling better and aren't still green!
ReplyDeleteOh no! Well at least you know you really worked hard that day. Felling better about myself and getting healthier is exactly why I joined the gym too except I joined Curves which has no trainers but now I'm thinking that might be the push I need.
ReplyDelete