Last Friday, I thought, "Okay, I'll be ready to go back on Tuesday." Then Monday came and reality started to kick in. And, I realized I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO GO BACK TO WORK TOMORROW. I quickly realized that my thought from last Friday was just incorrect.
We did have a 2 hour delay today which was a help but I went in at pretty much my normal time so I could figure out what I was supposed to be teaching today. But, I really could have stayed home for another week.
I got so much stuff done while I was home! Here are a few things...
- Cleaned the kitchen. In fact, when we moved into our house over two years ago, the previous owners left us a floor cleaner, vacumm thingy. We got it out and used it for the first time. I have to say, very impressive! And, even more impressive is here is Blake using it. Yes, he cleaned the floor!
- Put new foot pads on the bottom of our chairs. The old ones were GROSS. I would rather not think about it or talk about it. EW. We have a lot of dust and lint around. Enough said.
- Re-organized the laundry room. I have to say, the cleaner it is in that room, the more I like to don't mind being in it. It's the worse when there's piles of clean clothes, towels or other random things around it.
- Tackled all the papers on the dining room. For those of you who know me "in real life" know that Blake is "paper challenged" and hates to through anything away. The piles used to sit in the kitchen but since we rarely use the dining room, I moved all the papers in there. The good thing is, it's easy to forget it. The bad news is, it's easy to forget it!
- Started putting together our pocket invites for the wedding. By starting, I mean, I put together 2 to see which adhesive held better. And, I figured out which one but have done nothing since. It's so tedious! Sorry, no picture yet!
- Polished the hardwood floors. This was another purchase when we first bought the house and one that we've never seemed to have enough time to do. I tried to get a before and after picture but I don't think you can tell a difference. I promise though, there is one. The left side of the picture has already been cleaned, the right side of the table- not yet.
- Finished my taxes, submitted them and had them accepted! Yay for a refund for the wedding and honeymoon fund!
(google images)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)