Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Back!

After a short, unintentional break, I'm back.  I took a break because we have had company for the last week.  Blake's brother, Gordon, came into town last Wednesday from Chile and then 4 of his friends came and spent the weekend with us.  Then, on Sunday, his parents came and spent the last 3 days with us.  And, I've concluded that it is exhausting having company.  Everyone was grateful and happy but it is still stressful having company for a week!  Today we had a snow day and it was wonderful to clean up a bit and have some peace and quiet!

Even though we had company, I we still managed a major purchase on Saturday.... a SLR camera, the Canon Rebel XSi!  It was on sale and the sale ended on Sunday, so we went out in the snow on Saturday and bought it!  Blake came with me but I had done all the research so he came for moral support. 

Here's the camera...

After shooting and taking some pictures on Saturday with it... I decided I needed a new lens.  So, I went with the most affordable lens and ordered the EF 50mm F/1.8 lens and it came today!  I already love it.  I still don't totally know what I'm doing with the lenses or the camera but I'm learning.
 
A few of my pictures are a bit blurry because I have a tendancy to unintentionally move the camera.  I'm working on that!  But here are a few...

 




Obviously, I need to broaden my subject but she's so cute!  I'm so excited to continue learning and taking pictures.  We're expecting a major snowstorm this weekend so expect more Sophie snow pictures.  But, I have a baby shower to go to on Saturday so if I'm able to get there, I can't wait to take some pictures there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)