Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I want...

So, I had my first photography class night.  It was strange, I was nervous beforehand.  Whenever I start something new, I always get nervous about it.  Who will be there?  Will I have the right stuff?  Will other people know way more than me?  It always makes me remember how my students must feel on the first day of school!  And, I even had one of my best friends there with me and I was still apprehensive about going in!

When we walked in the first thing I noticed was that everyone had a SLR camera except for Kate and I (and when we first got there, there were about 10 people there).  I asked our instructor if a simple point and shoot camera was okay for the class; he assured us it was.  The two main things I learned were lighting and the rule of thirds.  We were given a homework assignment, take a picture of: 1) a portrait,  2)  something very tall, and 3) a simple object or design element.  In our third class we will share them and critique them as a class.  I'm already nervous about that! 

Once everyone got there, 18 people, there was one more person that has a point and shoot.   That makes 15 people with a SLR and 3 with a point and shoot. 


So I've decided.... it's official....  I want a SLR camera.   And, this is one I want.  At least for right now.


2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)