I've always been a huge fan of family traditions, especially around the Christmas holidays. In fact, this is the first Christmas Blake and I have spent together because I never wanted to give up any of my family or family traditions. I really have a hard time with change. I know this and I'm working on it.
I'm used to a large family gathering of about 20-25 people for Christmas dinner at my aunt's house and this is after Christmas brunch with 12 at my parents in the morning. But this year, Blake came to brunch and I skipped dinner to eat with his family- it was his mom and dad, Blake and I- that's all, only 4 people. Don't get me wrong, it was a very nice dinner it just didn't feel like a Christmas dinner. I'm used to a loud dinner, laughing, and teashing and everyone talking at one time. This was just a different feeling. I know that marriage is about compromising and we started this year by each giving up a little. It will be interesting to see how we compromise next year in our first married Christmas together and how we spend our day together. I'm already not looking forward to making those plans.
I wish I had taken some pictures that day, I'm not really sure how I managed to take not one picture that day. I'm going to have to get better!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)