We went to a restaurant called Zaytinya. It's a Greek/Lebanese/Turkish tapas place, VERY good! Blake went there a couple of months ago with his boss and has been wanting to take me there since. We don't go into DC very often even though we are only about 20 minutes away. It was a little out of my comfort zone since I'm a rather picky eater but it was wonderful!
We started off with an order of hummus to go with the warm pita bread they serve. If I went again, I think I would try a different spread. Their hummus was really good but I might try their tzatziki spread next time!
Pita!
We ordered 4 plates-Keftedes Kapama, Arayes, Adana Kebab, sea scallops. Don't worry, we had to point to the items on the menu when we were ordering!
Adana Kebab is skewered ground lamb (had to get a picture from google images for this one!)
Arayes is grilled ground lamb and tahini stuffed pita with garlic yogurt
Keftedes Kapama are beef and lamb meatballs with feta cheese and rustic tomato sauce
Sea scallops served with a yogurt dill sauce.
Everything was delicious! If you're looking for a nice restaurant in DC, I definitely recommend this one!






Congrats on your anniversary! That restaurant looks incredible - a great way to celebrate!
ReplyDelete