Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 20: Nicknames

Day 20 is all about nicknames. 

Yes, Jenni is a nickname for Jennifer.  I've been Jenni since I was born.  I love that I'm Jenni with an "i" instead of Jenny.  As I've gotten older, I've known of more people who go my spelling but when I was growing up, I was the only JennI. 

But some of my other nicknames include:
  • Jenn- My family calls me that but I hate when people assume that they know me well enough to call me that. 
  • Jennifer- I know it's weird since it's my real name but since no one has called me that in years and Blake calls me Jennifer when he wants my attention, I figure it's sort of a nickname.  My grandma used to call me Jennifer or Jennifer Lynn before she died, she never called me Jenni. 
  • Squirt- My dad called me that when I was little and sometimes still does.
  • Rita- Blake started calling me Rita Skeeter when we were reading Harry Potter (long story) and Rita sort of just stuck.
  • Baby- Blake calls me that the majority of the time!  He never calls me Jenni, it's always Baby, Rita or Jennifer. 


3 comments:

  1. LoL Rita Skeeter! I'm reading the HP books, and that is hilarious.
    love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita Skeeter!!!! I love it. I am rereading all of the HP books before the new movie comes out!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)