I have survived the first three days of school. This week has been a really good week. I'm exhausted but it's 9:29 and I'm still awake and typing. Compared to last year, this is very impressive.
Despite my two criers and one little boy, "Z," I have a great class. I could still be in the honeymoon phase but I'll take what I can get. "Z" is definitely going to be my challenge this year; I think he's going to be great in a one-on-one or small group situation but in a whole group setting, it's a whole different story. I also think I have a great group of parents- they are appreciative but not too crazy. Last year, I had a couple of crazy parents. I also had some great parents last year but the crazy ones really made my life difficult in the first couple of months of school. All those teachers out there know what I mean.
My criers are still crying. BUT, they aren't crying all day anymore. And, I must admit, my patience with the crying is absolutely gone. I just don't have it in me to give them the attention they want. Yesterday was a better day than today in terms of crying but I'm hoping that tomorrow and Friday will be even better.
On a different note, here's how a conversation went with a little girl yesterday.
Me: "K, what language do you speak at home with Mommy and Daddy?"
Long pause.
K: "This."
I just smiled and wondered if "this" meant English. But I'm still not sure.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)