"You are what you eat." How many times have you heard that expression? I recently browsed through the book, Skinny Bitch! and it got me thinking about everything I eat. The authors are vegetarians and really suggest people become vegans and I'm not ready to go that far. But, I've always been intrigued with organic food and how your energy level and emotions are affected by what you eat. So, I've decided to try an experiment for the next two weeks. I talked to Blake about this and he was totally on board with it. We are going to eat as much organic food for the next two weeks. We are not going to eat any packaged foods . I DO NOT have any willpower and Blake has great willpower but I really want to give this a try and see how it is goes for the next two weeks.
So, we are going to be eating all home-made meals. I went shopping today and bought food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I bought a lot of fruits, vegetables, deli-meat and seafood and meats.
We decided to try it starting it tomorrow since I'm off from work and have more time to cook, shop and plan meals. We do know it will be more expensive but are willing to try it to see if it's worth it. Who knows, if we feel differently, maybe we'll keep it up. The hardest part will not be going out to dinner and Blake will not be able to go out for lunch at work. We'll have to make and pack a lunch for him the night before.
We'll see how long this lasts...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)