Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wedding Gifts

Blake and I  Who am I kidding?  I decided that I wanted to exchange wedding gifts and told Blake a long time ago that we should exchange gifts for the wedding and he agreed.  I found my present to him back in the Fall and was super excited to give it to him.  


I got him a framed picture of Lane Stadium, or the Virginia Tech Football Stadium.  We are slowly finishing our basement and it will go in the basement whenever we finish it.  And, when I say slowly, I mean s-l-o-w-l-y.  It's been about 8 months so far and will realistically be finished sometime this winter.  We're doing it ourselves and doing a project at a time.  We're hoping it's done for football season but we'll see.  But, here's the picture: 


Thanks Replay Photos!

And, Blake got me a Kindle!  When they first came out, I was intrigued but really worried that I would miss reading and holding an actual book.  However, as my book collection has grown a bit out of control, I thought more and more about it and hinted that a Kindle might be a perfect gift.  We exchanged two nights before the wedding and I was so excited to get it.  And, I absolutely LOVE it.  It's amazing.  I bought two books before the wedding and was able to buy two more books while I was in St. Lucia.  I didn't have to lug any books in my suitcase or carry-on.  Best. Present. Ever.  Or, one of the best presents! :)  Last week, I bought a light for it so I can read it without the light on my nightstand being on and it's great.  I love that it's not back-lit.  I do wish that I could let people borrow my books, that's the thing I'm not a big fan of.  Oh well.  Here it is! 






(Thanks Google images)


 On a side note, I bought The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I'm having a really hard time getting into it.  Anyone else have that problem?  If so, did you stay with it or give up?  Or, if you liked it, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)