This week's Wishful Wednesday....
'I wish' .... I was fluent in another language in addition to English, and it would be ________!
This was actually a really difficult choice for me; mostly because I am linguistically challenged and know I will never be fluent in another language! But, I considered...
Spanish
Amharic (language of Ethiopia)
Latin
Chinese
Arabic
Mostly, I was thinking about Spanish because it would be useful and practical. I thought about Chinese and Arabic because I think I could get paid a lot of money to be a translator! I thought about Latin because I remember learning all of the vocabulary words for the SAT and wishing I had taken Latin in high school. I thought about Amharic because we have an Ethiopian population at school and I have a student this year who I'm really worried about and I can't tell if it's a processing issue or just a language issue.
But, if it's Wishful Wednesday and I'm wishing and I don't have to be practical or reasonable, then I choose ITALIAN. I love Italy and I think Italian is such a pretty language to listen to!
Are you practical in what language you wish you were fluent in or just wishful?
Spanish and Italian are so close to one another...you could learn both!
ReplyDeleteItalian would be so much fun! super cute blog! I love Sophie, she is adorable!
ReplyDeleteWow! So many great choices! Your dog is super cute by the way!
ReplyDeleteOoo, good call on the translator job! I didn't even think about that.
ReplyDeleteI picked Italian too. I agree with you - it's just so pretty to listen to!
ReplyDeleteAwesome language! About the girl who is Ethiopian, is she learning English as a 2nd language? If it's a language problem, then she will have language difficulties in her native language as well as in English. If it's a processing problem, then she will be age-appropriate in her native language and have difficulties in the 2nd language. The only way to TRULY tell is to consult with an interpreter who is FLUENT in BOTH languages. Consult with your school's speech therapist and processing coordinator. Hope this information is helpful!
ReplyDeleteHAHA, linguistically challenged, I love it!! Italian would be amazing!
ReplyDelete