Monday, April 5, 2010

Top Two Tuesday: Magazines

It's Taylor's Top Two Tuesday again and this week's lit is magazines.  I love magazines; although, since we've been watching our budget a bit, I haven't been buying them at the register and only have one current subscription.  I've come to realize how much more I save when I buy a subscription instead of buying them at a store, it's amazing!  Hmmm, maybe I should buy some subscriptions tonight! :)


My favorite magazine is Real Simple.  I love all of the recipes, beauty tips, and decorating tips.  But the best part of the magazine is the organizing tips.  My brother Paul got me the subscription a few years ago for Christmas and I love it.  And, giving a subscription is great because it always makes me think of him when I get it! :)


My second favorite magazine is hard...  I think it's The Food Network Magazine because I'm always searching for new recipes.  I also  love looking at their cocktail recipes although I've never made one.  We're not huge cocktail drinkers; although, everytime I read a recipe or look at a picture of a pretty drink, it makes me wish I was! 


The other top choices are People and US weekly.  My friend Kate has a subscription to US and she gives me her old ones because I'm too cheap to buy them!  It doesn't matter to me if the gossip is old, I still soak it all up! 









8 comments:

  1. I live with my sister...and we only get one of each magazine...we're too cheap, too!! Then at birthday's and Christmas...we get more magazines because we each ask for a different one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Food Network Magazine and Real Simple are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your picks... they are both amazing! :)we are a lot alike with our picks and frugalness (i just made that word up) with buying gossip magazines...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to stop buying gossip magazines. It so easy to just hop online and read all the juicy stuff anyways :D Cute blog btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! We picked the same ones-expect I cheated and put more than two! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent choices... I've decided I need to branch out from the gossip mags and check into both of these!!!

    Thanks for sharing! Have a gret day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Real Simple! I share a subscription with my mom :) The little calendar things in the front are great for the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That reminds me...I have some US Weeklys for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)