Saturday, March 13, 2010

Awkward?

So, Blake and I and my future brother-in-law, Anthony, are huge fans of Curb Your Enthusiasm.  Anthony love finding real life awkward moments that Larry David could create an episode around.   For those of you who don't know Curb, it's a HBO comedy written by Larry David who co-wrote Seinfeld.  The concept is similar- the show is about different everyday or "nothing" situations Larry puts himself in- he obsesses about them and many times it is hilarious. 

Here's my latest one...

On payday Fridays, I generally treat myself to a Starbucks Grande Skim Caramel Macchiato.  Ah, heaven in a cup. 

(Thanks google images!)


I am walking behind a man (about 10 feet or so, actually who am I kidding? I can't estimate distances to save my life.  It could have been 30 feet for all I know) and he gets to the door and holds the door open for me, what a gentleman!  Of course, I go in and thank him.

Then, a dilemma.  I am now in front of him in line; I'm about the fifth person in line and he's the sixth. 

I feel badly; he was a gentleman and held the door open for me and now I get to go ahead of him in line.  This has happened to me before and I always feel badly.  But, I think it's more awkward if I let them go ahead of me in line.  (I tried that once)

So, I just stayed in front of him.  We got our coffees around the same time, I smiled politely at him and then we left Starbucks to go on with our days. 

I realize in the big scheme of things, this is not a big deal.  And, he must have realized this would happen and didn't mind it.  I just still feel weird when it happens.  But, I still like a man who shows chivalry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)