Friday, February 12, 2010

Show us your Life- Valentine's Day

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

I wouldn't say that I'm a huge fan of Valentine's Day (not like my friend Georgia!) but I absolutely love working at an elementary school around Valentine's Day.  It's such a great feeling watching the little ones make valentines for their parents and sibilings.  And, I must say I was really surprised on my first Valentine's Day as a 1st grade teacher.  I got lots of cards and cute little crafts and presents that many of students made for me.  What a huge ego boost- unconditional love from 5 and 6 year olds! :)

In terms of celebrating with Blake, we generally do pretty low key celebrations.  Although, he did sent me flowers to school on our first Valentine's Days together.It was a mix of tulips and irises (tulips are my absolute favorite flower).  Since then though, it's been a more relaxed celebration. 

(not my picture)

We ususally make dinner together.  I do all the cooking at our house so I welcome his help and it's fun opening a bottle of wine and sharing it while we cook together.  It's usually something with steak or shrimp or scallops.  And, we always get each other cards.  My favorite part of Valentine's Day is reading the handwritten message on the inside of his card to me!  If you want a nice bottle of red wine, I highly recommend J Vineyards Russion River Valley (it's a light Pinot Noir).  It runs about $30 a bottle so it's not cheap but is great for a special occasion!

(again, not my picture)

However, this year, he's going on a snowboarding trip without me because it's my sister's shower on
Sunday!  She lives in Boston and is getting married in April so President's Day weekend became her shower weekend.  So, Blake and I will be celebrating the day apart. 

Since both my sister and I will be spending the holiday away from our fiances, we will be each others valentines! :)  Here's a picture of us!

 (this one is my picture :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)